Am 16.02.2016 um 20:23 schrieb Douglas Thrift:
While your arguments for user isolation make sense, they really only
make sense if you were to be using gitolite or gitosis at the same time
as gogs which I imagine would not be that common. I am not opposed to
you having a gogs user on your system, but I think that the default user
defined by the port should reflect a reasonable default for most people,
and that user is git not gogs, even the gogs documentation directs you
to use the git user.

the default git user will not work, it has its homedir in /usr/local/git but gogs expect it on /var/db/gogs/home. I know, here is a second user generated but if I look on the pros and cons I think using a dedicated gogs user is here more secure (for security and also for the upgrade path in the future).

Gruß
Matthias

Rich Cook