On 02/17/2016 12:32 AM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
On 17/02/2016 03:14, Doug Barton wrote:
Matthew,

When running cache-init for some time now I get this error:

cache-init:devel/tcllibc (tcllibc-1.18_1) Error. RUN_DEPENDS
/var/ports/devel/tcllib -- dependency is not a port
cache-init: /usr/ports/devel/tcllibc Error.  Can't parse make output

Interestingly I don't get that same error when I run 'make describe', so
I'm not quite sure what's happening.

Hmmm... I really should change that output.  When cache-init says:

    Processing make describe output for path "/usr/ports":

it is actually lying through its teeth.  It hasn't run 'make describe'
per-se for many, many years.  Instead it uses 'make -V var1 -V var2
....' to extract the values of numerous variables which provides
equivalent information, and a bit more.

hope this helps,

Doug

I can't reproduce this with cache-init on my system.  Do you have any
non-standard OPTIONS or make.conf settings that could affect this port?
(I couldn't see any obvious OPTION knobs that might cause problems, but
I didn't really look very hard.)  Any local modifications to your ports
tree?

No. Here is my make.conf:

.if !empty(.CURDIR:M*/ports/*) || !empty(.CURDIR:M*/ports)
WRKDIRPREFIX?=  /var/tmp/WRKDIRPREFIX
.endif
.if defined(UPGRADE_TOOL) || !empty(.CURDIR:M*/ports/*) || !empty(.CURDIR:M/home/*)
WITH_PKGNG=yes
FETCH_ARGS=     -Fpra
RANDOMIZE_MASTER_SITES= true
FORCE_MAKE_JOBS=        true
EXPLICIT_PACKAGE_DEPENDS=       true
OPTIONS_SET=    IDN IPV6
OPTIONS_UNSET=  CUPS DOCS DBUS HAL NLS X11
WITH_OPTIONS=   true
.endif  # Ports

The only slightly odd looking thing was this RUN_DEPENDS line in
devel/tcllibc:

RUN_DEPENDS=    ${PREFIX}/lib/tcllib/pkgIndex.tcl:${MASTERDIR}  #
PREFIX, not LOCALBASE

Can you show me what this returns?:

     make -C /var/ports/devel/tcllibc -V RUN_DEPENDS -V MASTERDIR

/usr/local/lib/tcllib/pkgIndex.tcl:/var/ports/devel/tcllib
/var/ports/devel/tcllib

If I do it with /usr/ports instead of /var/ports I get the same result, FYI.

(I assume from your output above you have PORTSDIR=/var/ports ?)

No, /usr/ports is a symlink.

Thanks for taking a look,

Doug