On 22.10.2016 05:27, Mark Linimon wrote:
disclaimer: I wasn't the person who made the decision.

You are too humble, Mark. Whoever actually did it, would not have gone ahead if you objected.

The "pro" removal points: some of these terms are no longer acceptable
in polite society, and far cross the line from humor to offensive.
If FreeBSD is trying to be more inclusive, having this around isn't
the way.

That begs the question, does not it? Is FreeBSD "trying to be more inclusive"? Is this -- being more inclusive (whatever that means) -- even a valid goal for a technical project? We aren't curing the world's ills nor aiming for a "greater justice" here -- we are simply building the best Operating System.

A long as a port keeps building/packaging, it should remain available. Please, put it back if only to honor this sentiment:

   http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/06/01/defend-say/

Thanks,

   -mi