On 12/19/16 19:53, George Mitchell wrote:
On 12/18/16 19:31, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
Hi all,

I have been working for a while on 2 long standing feature request for the ports
tree: flavors and subpackages.
[...]

Off topic, I know, but might this eventually lead to FLAVORS for base?
I would be so grateful to have a SCHED_4BSD flavor of base so I didn't
have to keep updating my machines from source every time there was a
security update.  Maybe someone can at least think about it.  -- George

While you wait for the improvement you ask, you can use binary updates and just recompile the kernel by hand.

Should spare you some time and effort.

--
Guido Falsi <m...@madpilot.net>