On 16/01/2017 4:04 AM, Carsten Kunze wrote:
Julian Elischer <jul...@freebsd.org> wrote:

I noticed that suddenly vim is grabbing mouse movements, which makes
life really hard.

Was there a specific revision that brought in this change, and can it
be removed?
Of course this behavior can be disabled as suggested by others--or you give it a try.
IMHO using the mouse in vim has many advantages.  To temporarily disable the mouse you
can press the SHIFT key.  As long as SHIFT is pressed vim ignores the mouse.  So you may
use copy/paste with left and middle mouse buttons as before or you now use the mouse to
position the cursor or select text--very useful IMHO (I actually have "set
mouse=a" in .vimrc... ;)
Since i use a mac I cut and paste using blob-c and blob-v. Unfortunatley shift-blob-xxx doesn't work and is interpretted as a different command by the mac.

my sessions are  [OSX]=>[iTerm]=>[ssh]=>[screen]=>[vim]
so I'm quite surprised my mouse movements are getting as far as vim.
but if I hold shift..  I can't cut and paste in the OSX layer any more.