On 2017-01-18 09:57, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 11:41 PM, Larry Rosenman <l...@freebsd.org> wrote:
On 2017-01-17 16:31, Manfred Antar wrote:

I've been running a freebsd compiled seti version 8 here for months.
I think someone needs to update the port.

i put the precomiled binaries on my website at :

www.pozo.com/seti [1]

this is for current amd64
seti-pkg.tar.bz2     --  precompiled

setiathome.tar.bz -- the source trees for boinc and seti current -- I will update this in about 20 minutes so wait a bit before downloading

I've been using this since last summer and works fine. a linux port would be nice but

How did you compile the sources?  (Can you send me in private mail the
Makefile, etc?)

FWIW, the sources that Manfred put up compiled with the instructions
in the INSTALL file, except that you have to use gmake instead of
make.
So
$ MAKE=/usr/local/bin/gmake ./_autosetup
$ ./configure --disable-server
$ gmake

I just did that on FreeBSD 10.3-stable about a week and a half ago.
tingo@kg-core1$ uname -a
FreeBSD kg-core1.kg4.no 10.3-STABLE FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE #0 r310083:
Wed Dec 14 21:00:13 CET 2016
r...@kg-core1.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

(FYI, I also tested the compile on machine running FreeBSD 8.3 from
June 2013 but that compile failed)
I haven't done anything with the compiled binaries yet (had to upgrade
my BOINC machine first) but I expect that they will work well.

Also, I would prefer that the boinc port did NOT depend on / bring in
linux_base, but if it does I can live with it.
I'm working on making Manfred's sources used in the port, and will *NOT*
be flipping the LINUX option. I'll be pushing an update for net/boinc-client
soon.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: l...@lerctr.org
US Mail: 17716 Limpia Crk, Round Rock, TX 78664-7281