On 02/18/17 13:04, Stari Karp wrote:
On Sat, 2017-02-18 at 12:15 -0700, Russell L. Carter wrote:
So I've run into the radeon problem on xorg upgrade, running
mpv gives the

libGL error: Version 7 or imageFromFds image extension not found
libGL error: failed to load driver: r600

error.

Adding /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/dri.conf:

Section "Device"
         Identifier "Radeon"
         Driver "radeon"
         Option "DRI" "2"
EndSection

has no effect.  Nor does setting Option "DRI" "3"

I am running without an xorg file, it has up till now
run great.

I've reinstalled everything that I can think of, I build
via poudriere, and I got rid of the llvm37 and llvm38 that
were lurking on this system.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Russell
The above settings work on my system.
My graphics card:
vendor='Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
device="RV770/MP8L
[Mobility Radeon HD 4850}'

Apparently the onboard graphics chipset is the AMD 890GX, though I
don't see any text in dmesg or Xorg.0.log confirming that.  I do see
"ATI 880" in dmesg.  The motherboard is an ECS A890GXM-A2.  Xorg
worked perfectly till this week.

I'll wait a few more hours before sticking in an NVIDIA card.
Saturday night is movie night :-)

Thanks,
Russell