I ran into a problem where I needed to reinstall a package. However, I did not have network access to the pkg repository. I did have a system which had all of the pkgs which I needed in the pkg cache. I can easily copy these to the system, as well as the pkg database, etc.

So: is there a SIMPLE way to have pkg check to see if a pkg is already in the pkg cache and use that before trying to go to the repository?

Is there a SIMPLE way to prevent pkg from trying to check the pkg repository for an update?

I strongly suspect that something like:

pkg --do_not_check_for_latest_version --use_cached_pkg install firefox

Any help on this before I tear out the three strands of hair I have left would be appreciated.

--
Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies
papow...@astart.com            1530 Jamacha Rd, Suite X