On 04.06.2017 21:42, scratch65...@att.net wrote:
[Default] On Sun, 04 Jun 2017 12:10:46 -0500, Paul Schmehl
<pschmehl_li...@tx.rr.com> wrote:

Are there any instructions explaining how to upgrade php from 5.6.30 to
7.0? Is it fairly straightforward? Or are there some gotchas one needs to
know about?
php.net has some info, but if you're not doing anything fancy you
shouldn't have any trouble.  I always mind Tony Hoare's advice
and avoid the fancy stuff, so when I installed 7.0 instead of 5.6
everything ran fine.
As OP problem was solved, it's time to hijack the thread a little :) I'm considering to migrate as well, what is recommended path for upgrade ? Uninstall all php56 ports or replace them (I believe, -o key in portmaster).