On Wed, 8 Nov 2017, Dave Horsfall wrote:

It got really bad around 53 or so; I wish their programmers (no doubt fresh out of school) would fix existent bugs instead of adding frilly new "features"' we don't all have terabytes of free memory.

Hmmm... Firefox 57.0 ("Quantum") seems to have fixed these deficiencies, so I guess they've found real programmers (tm) after all. The eye-candy has changed of course, but I can live with that.