Hello,

I’m working on building my very first port (for the server component from
https://www.urbackup.org/ <https://www.urbackup.org/>). Since this my first
attempt at porting, I have ended up iterating a lot on the pkg-plist, new files
in the ‘files’ directory, etc. as I try new things and explore the options in
the Porter’s Handbook. To test any of these changes, I find that I need to do a
‘make clean’ from the port's directory in order for them to be used on the next
‘make build’--which obviously deletes any compiling work that had been done
previously. Since this application takes a few minutes to compile, that can be
a bit annoying and slow down the iterative debugging and learning process.

Is there an easy way to avoid having to do a full ‘make clean’ when you change
pkg-plist, etc.? Nothing is jumping out at me in the Porter’s Handbook, 'man
port', or my web searches.

Thanks!

Kirk