Hey all,

This may be off topic, but does anyone know a port or configuration for FreeBSD that can listen on a serial port and spit out a PDF? I have a piece of hardware (a hospital-grade pulse oximeter) that's able to talk to an *original* HP Thinkjet with a serial port and produce graphical charts. Like, the best 1993 has to offer.

I'd rather simply hook up a BSD box via a serial port and translate those control codes into a PDF (or TIFF/PNG/postscript document). The control codes are pretty well documented, since you need them to make printer drivers, but this is the reverse use.

Is there anything in ports that can do this? Is there a better mailing list to be asking on?

-Dan