Hello.

I think FireFox (ESR) on my system makes really too much disk I/O.
My profile is on an NFS drive, but I hear local disks spinning, so I guess it's writing to /tmp or /var/tmp (or another local folder).

Looks like animations are what really make him go mad: just opening https://get.webgl.org/ will start heavy disk activity which will only stop when that page is closed; however even a simple gallery, where images "slide" smoothly, will give a spin any time a button is pressed and the image changes.

I'd like to dig into this and understand what it is doing.

Is there a way I can see what file Firefox is writing too?
I tried "lsof|grep firefox", but that will list some 1200-1300 entries and I still don't know which is the one.

 bye & Thanks
        av.