On 2/16/19 9:14 AM, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 6:07 PM Christoph Moench-Tegeder <c...@burggraben.net>
wrote:

## Torfinn Ingolfsen (tin...@gmail.com):

root@kg-core1# cmake --find-package -DNAME=Coin3D -DCOMPILER_ID=clang
-DLANGUAGE=CXX -DMODE=LINK
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libCoin.so

That looks completely right. But the error message was
   /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lCoin
so something else pushed that "-lCoin" into the command. Can you
provide the full build log? Perhaps Mehmet was right and we need to
re-find Coin; but then: it works in a clean environment, and from
the linker error I rather suspect that some other component is pushing
"-lCoin" into the linker command line. I'll be traveling with much
reduced acces to my FreeBSD next week: answers will be delayed.
Perhaps you can do some digging by yourself?

Regards,
Christoph

CMakeLists.txt exists in /src/GUI/ directories :

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/Gui/CMakeLists.txt
( Coin is referenced )

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/Gui/Quarter
( Coin is referenced )

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/Gui/Stylesheets
( Coin is NOT referenced )

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/CMakeLists.txt
( Coin is NOT referenced )

In

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/CMakeLists.txt

Starting from Line 903 :

# -------------------------------- Coin3D --------------------------------

         find_package(Coin3D REQUIRED)
         if(NOT COIN3D_FOUND)
             MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "=================\n"
                                 "Coin3D not found.\n"
                                 "=================\n")
         endif(NOT COIN3D_FOUND)

# ------------------------------ Spaceball -------------------------------

You may include

find_package(Coin3D REQUIRED)

statement into CMakeLists.txt file , where Coin is referenced , but not
searched .

A similar action may be applied other "Not found Libraries and Include
directories" .

Also check libCoin.so  .
In Fedora 28 x86_64 , there is NO  libCoin.so ,  but  libCoin.so.60    .

In your system , if there is no libCoin.so in its related directory , it
may be necessary to specify its existent name in CMakeLists.txt files , ,
or  copy it into a file named as libCoin.so .

FYI, I have nearly got FreeCAD-git + Coin-hg + QT5 + med-4.0.0
building outside of ports, installing to /usr/local/pkg subdirs.  Both
Coin-hg and med-4.0.0 build w/o any substantial FreeBSD specific
changes and pass all their internal tests.  Coin-hg is getting commits
in the last weeks, and has a fully functional cmake build system now.
I'm doing this so that I can run the exact same versions on
Debian-testing.  Debian is scandalously slow in updating packages.

Right now I've got a single linking issue which should be solved
shortly, (strategizing on relinking FreeCAD w/o needing to recompile),
and then I'm going to attack the FreeCAD testing workspace.

I've been building on an 8 core system but am moving to a 32 core
system today.  I bought the big guy used from natex.us, and it is
fabulous for poudriere builds.

Regards,
Russell

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk