On 21/10/2019 14:59, John Kennedy wrote:
On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 01:59:17PM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
On 21/10/2019 13:31, Sergei Vyshenski wrote:
Is it possible to instruct "poudriere testport" such
that it downloads depends (in a form of binary packages) from the
central repository,
and actually tests only the port in question?

Currently, no this is not available.  Using another repo to seed the
repo you're building test packages in is something that has been talked
about, but not implemented yet.  I get the feeling that it's trickier
than it at first seems.

   For my current one-offs, I pull down ports via git, have a local branch
where my changes are (refreshing by merging from "master" in my case), and
then have poudriere base ports off my branch.

That's great, but it's not what the OP was asking about. If you do a 'poudriere testport' then you will ultimately end up having built all of the packages in the dependency tree at least once, which can take a long time and a lot of system resources. You'll see this effect even on your local branch.

Usually if you're working on a port you'll end up rebuilding it repeatedly, and the second and subsequent times it's quite likely that all of the dependencies will already have been built, so additional 'poudriere testport' runs will only re-build your port of interest. Much quicker.

Which is fine, until you start working on a different port with a different dependency tree and a whole new list of dependency packages to build...

        Cheers,

        Matthew