On Mon, 3 Feb 2020, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:

You're right. For some reason, firefox is not handling the additional compression correctly (I see Content-Encoding: gzip in the headers, so it's advertised, but not unzipped by the browser, so I get a double- compressed file. Oh tempora, oh mores). Not enough time to dig into that right now.

FWIW, I find that Firefox is becoming increasingly unreliable, with "dead" buttons etc (yes, I have JS enabled against my better judgement) and have to use Safari/Chrome instead. This is a pity, as I find that FF is much faster and I've used it for many years.

-- Dave