Am 2020-02-21 um 20:52 schrieb Pete Wright:

On 2/21/20 12:29 AM, Michael Osipov wrote:
Port maintainer here,

I've been using Nexus 2 OSS for at least 5 years now on FreeBSD and it
works like a charm.

Please note that Nexus 2 and Nexus 3 are completely different products
which only share the same name. They are technologically different.
It will be a completely new port, nothing can be reused.

I never had the need to do any upgrade because I only need Maven
repository hosting. Just like oss.sonatype.org or the our Nexus instance
at ASF.

Is there anything specific in Nexus 3 you need?

I'd be tempted to create a port, if and only if Nexus 2 will be
unsupported by Sonatype.

Thanks for getting back to me Michael and clarifying things in regards
to the differences b/w v2 and v3.

I will be using this nexus server for our internal maven repository
(with upstream caching) initially, but the ultimate goal is to have this
server also host our internal NPM and PyPi repositories and upstream
caches.

This makes, then you have to use Nexus 3.

Since I'm doing the setup in a fresh environment I'd be happy to test
out a manual installation of nexus 3 and file a PR for a new port (if
the LOE isn't too huge to get it in the ports tree) for you to take a
look at if that sounds good.

Consider that have have explicitly chosen as directories to be named
with nexus2, but the system user nexus to have both products live
side-by-side and ease the migration with the same permissions.

I also checked the tarball, the layout is completely different and the
start script is really weird. They don't even use JSW anymore. It is
going to be a lot of work...

Michael