On 07/04/2020 09:55, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On 2020-04-07 11:35, Grzegorz Junka wrote:
kern.osrelease: 12.1-RELEASE-p3

Hi,

This is not 12.1-STABLE! Yes, you can use a 12.1-STABLE kernel with the 12.1-RELEASE.

Can you try this:

rm -rf /usr/src
cd /usr
svn checkout https://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/12 /usr/src

cd /usr/src
make buildkernel -j6
make installkernel -j6

cd /usr/ports/graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod
make all deinstall install clean

cd /usr/ports/graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod
make all deinstall install clean

Then reboot, and try to test the driver again.

I'm sorry to say, you _need_ -stable or -current for now, when using the new DRM stuff!

That right, it isn't STABLE. I stated that in one of my previous emails:

> I might be able to recompile everything with 12.1-STABLE instead of 12.1-RELEASE-p3 but that might take a while so preferably would like to try what's possible before embarking on that adventure.

I followed on your previous advice to recompile world and GENERIC kernel instead of using my custom VENUS kernel. Trying with STABLE instead was a separate thread. I understood those are alternatives. Is it expected that drm doesn't work on 12.1-RELEASE even if the kernel and packages are compiled from sources?

I remember being able to load amdgpu.ko on 12.0-RELEASE. Why this no longer works? Is 12.1-RELEASE expected to work again at some point, maybe with p4?

GrzegorzJ