Title: FTP Installation with INTEL DC21143 card
When I do a whois kooper.ca I see that I have 2 name servers pointing to my apache server. I want my box to be a DNS also (I think).

From my understanding I use DNS provided by my ISP to convert Names to IP's. I am pretty sure I don't want to provide this service. But I do want to talk to those DNS locations saying I'm here. So I looked up some information.

I used, nslookup to see if bind was working. I get my providers DNS. Here is my first question.Is Bind installed by default? I looked up the ports and I have bind8 & bind9. Will the bind package advertise to the "main people" that I'm here? This is one of the purpose's of this package?