I asked about this problem a few weeks ago but had no response
so I will try and rephrase it.
I installed and built 4.6 Release with KDE 3.  Everything runs stable.
I added Hauppauge WinTV/Radio card and everything was functioning
normal.  After about 24 hours I rebooted the system and this is when
everything unravels.  Upon starting KDE things start to look good
until it comes to initializing the windows manager.  At this point
the machine shuts down and reboots itself.  Starting X without
KDE causes the same failure.
This is the second time this has happened.  I am not sure how to
go about debugging this and any guidance would be appreciated.