Hello list,

 I need to watch either via an open terminal, using “Watch” or some other method. I remember seeing fortune freebsd-tips saying how if I used tcsh I could type a command that would tell me everyone who logs in and out of my system. Can you please tell me how I can have a daemon or prog running that will do nothing except log logins via sshd and ftp to a file, or better yet, email me when someone logs in? I have watch installed and I am about to hit the manpage but I posted here first because I don’t think watch will do what I want it to. The ideal thing would be for “it” to email me whenever someone logs in or out. Thanks.

sagacious (Mike)

Network administrator

The unixhideout network

http://www.unixhideout.com