/Most/ of this config was autocreated for me by "XFree86 -configure",
but I had to add the ZAxisMapping by hand.  The following InputDevice
section can be added directly to your /etc/X11/XF86Config file.

However, I see a number of other responses with alternate InputDevice
sections.  You might want to try them all, based on your specific
config.

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier  "Mouse0"
Driver      "mouse"