><snip>
>  > I'm trying to run a shellscript during the rc (output to monitor
> connected
>  > directly to server)
><snip>
>
>You should set the TERM environment variable to the terminal
>that you're using as console.  If you're using the syscons
>internal console, do this at the beginning of your script:
>
>export TERM=cons25
Did that and the following and  it works better:-)

#!/bin/sh
LC_ALL=sv_SE.ISO_8859-1; export LC_ALL
LANG=sv_SE.ISO_8859-1; export LANG
MM_CHARSET=ISO-8859-1; export MM_CHARSET
export TERM="cons25-iso8859-1"
export TERMCAP="/etc/termcap"

Still I'm unable to use the sv_SE.ISO_8859-1 specific fonts. the umlauts едц
Anyone got a clue about what in the enviroment that i left out?
/ Jim

>Otherwise (serial console or whatever) set it to the appro-
>priate terminal name, typically "vt100" or similar.
<snip>