On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 03:38:35PM -0500, Oscar Ricardo Silva wrote:

> my sanity I filter incoming mail from each list into its own mailbox.  I've
> tried using pine with procmail and mail is filtered properly but I don't
> know that there is new mail in mailboxes other than "In".
>
> Is there something I'm missing in pine that will do this?  Are there other
> mail clients that will notify you when new mail has been received and
> placed in a mailbox other than "IN" ?

Yes, mutt will do this.  You need to add a line in your ~/.muttrc like
this:

mailboxes /var/mail/blah =donuts =wombatsex =flagellation

(The names of your incoming mailboxes may differ, depending on your
interests.  The = sign means the folder is in your ~/Mail directory.
There's probably some knob to change that, too.)

--
Matthew Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> * Clearly there are more things in the
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * heavens than anyone anticipated. -enp