On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:34, SweeTLeaF wrote:
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.4" not found
>
> where can i get this lib and do i just add it to the ldd path?

I may be corrected, but I think librarys work like this:

  libc.so.4 <-- freebsd 4.x
  libc.so.3 <-- freebsd 3.x

Where did you get the packages from? There are different packages on the ftp
site for different versions of FreeBSD:

  packages-5-current
  packages-5.0-current
  packages-4.0-stable

I hope this helps.  Alternatively, you could install the compat4x distribution
(which makes your system compatible with 4.x binaries), it is also avialable
on the ftp sites (/pub/freebsd/releases/i386/5.0-DP1/compat4x)

Regards,
Jacob

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 9844 6102
ITS Division            Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386