From: "mufassa bendover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 7:42 AM
Subject: there must be a better way

> to the FreeBSD people:
>     I wanted to use your product but i had to back off. Do you know why?
> This is because you guys make it so complicated to operate that when an
> UNIX newbie wants to use your product (which is a good thing)he usually
> backs away when he sees very complicated stuffs and functions.
> EXAMPLE:
> Who in the earth would want to memorize this whole thing just to mount
> a cdrom in practical life...
> %mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0c /usr/mnt/cdrom
>
> So my Question is WHEN ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO COME OUT WITH A DIST
> IN WHICH TOUSANDS OF TEENEGERS WILL ATTRACT...NOT REJECT? Dont you
> you people should consider the newbies too

/etc/inetd.conf
/etc/rc.conf
/usr/local/etc/smb.conf
/etc/X11/XF86Config

pkg_add
pkg_delete
pkg_version -v

make clean
make install
make deinstall
make reinstall
make search key=lisp
make extract  will stop it after it has fetched and extracted the source code
make distclean
make fetch-list will display a list of the files needed for a port

mount_smbfs -I bramp //n00b@bramp/downloads /smb/bramp/downloads
mount_smbfs -I bramp //n00b@bramp/mp3 /smb/bramp/mp3

du -s * | sort -n will give you a sorted list of your directory sizes.

find / -name "*apach*"

ps -aux | grep whatever

ee Easy To Use Text Editor

locate apache

/stand/sysinstall

rehash

PS1='(\[$(tput md)\]\t <\w>\[$(tput me)\]) $(echo $?) \$ '
PS1='\w>\[$(tput me)\]'

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh start
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh start
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/squid.sh
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh

pw -Edits users/groups

tar xvzf file.tar.gz