Hi,
As I was browsing thru the questions mailing list just now, I thought of
something that might improve the ease of use of our ports/packages system.
It seems to me it would be helpful if packages included a quick summary of any
options used to compile the package and anything else that isn't included in
the packages, but is present in the port (or vice versa?). For example -  the
authentication bits in Squid)
I've come across problems several times where I couldn't get something to work
because I'd installed the package rather than the port and I've seen
questions from others with the same problem.
What do you think?

Cheers,
Ian