On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 18:20, Fernan Aguero wrote:
> Now many ports have their dependencies listed as
> linux_base-7.1 or something similar. This means that my
> linux-compatibility tree got updated when I installed some
> of this ports? or should I do this
> manually by going to /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base and
> doing a 'make install'?

Most ports can run with linux-base-6. Personally I have made better
experience with linux-base-6.

AFAIK linux-base-6 represents a RedHat 6.2 system, while linux-base-7 is
RedHat 7.x.

> Now, what are the pros and cons of -7.1 and -6?

I've not been able to run acroread or sybase-11.0.3 with linux-base-7.
With version 6 I've had no problems.

> Suggestions?

I'd continue to run linux-base-6.

Greets,