On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 11:28:16PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Just wondering is there a way to limit SSH access (when adding a user or period) so
>that user can only use SSH to access or effect their home directory?

With ssh2 you can use chroot to limit access to other dirs. In your config:

ChRootUsers user1,user2,user3

you can also restric groups the same way:

ChRootGroups group1,group2,group3

Just don't forget to hardlink any system files into their directories so they can
actually use their accounts.

Note: I've never done this myself and I just pulled the 'how-to' from O'Reilly's SSH
book. This is a great resource,
and I recommend you get a copy.

> Also is there a way to give (and limit) a user FTP access to another users home
>directory?

You mean besides changing permissions?