From: Koroush Saraf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 15 October 2002 03:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Monitor IP Traffic from many BSD computers

I have a pool of bsd computers, connected together via an ethernet switch.
I like to monitor the traffic that is exchanged between all the computers,
and capture and display them on a console computer.  Since I'm using a
switch, I will not be able to see the traffic and also the switch is a 3com
superstack II -3300 which can only monitor one port at a time, so that
option is out also.  I like to know how I can setup the pool of bsd
computers, so that they send a copy of whatever packet they receive to the
console computer so that I can capture and graph it using a utility like
etherape.

thanks for your help,
~koroush

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.