Lowell Gilbert wrote this stuff on 23 Oct 2002 23:42:45 -0400:

> Jerry McAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > But, no matter what they try to tell you, 150 MB is awfully
> > small for the root partition now days.
>
> Or, looking at it a different way, 150 MB *used* to be
> really small, but is now quite big, because /var and /tmp
> should probably not be on it.

What's most interesting, I find, is that this machine get very little
use, it's primarily a backup of a web site on an isp's server, and
occasionally I'll copy files I'm working on to it via windoze network
neighborhood. I rarely actually log into the box, then only as user, so
even more rarely use the su account.

I have always symlinked /var and /tmp to /usr/var and /usr/tmp on my
setups.

--
Chip Wiegand
computer Services