I downloaded OO 1.0.1 for Linux from OpenOffice.org and ran the setup as
a normal (non-root) user, which installed it off my home directory.
Everything appeared to work fine, but when I try to start any of the
components (soffice, etc), it dumps core.  Yes I have the linuxlator
working.  Is there anything else I should try?

uname -a
FreeBSD caffeinated.digitalshamrock.com 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE

TIA,

Joel