Mike Hogsett wrote:
My question is what are common pitfalls a Linux user finds in a BSD
world?

Ok, time for the honest answer...

Coming from Linux to BSD you'll find that many of the various utilities
(ps, ifconfig, route, etc.) are just a wee pit different, nothing too bad
and nothing the man pages won't help you with.
The benefits of a unified system (no varying distros or mismatched package databases to contend with) will seem wondrous, I think, coming from Linux, unless of course you like spending a lot of time running rpmfind or up2date. That may be a pitfall . . . .

You have this mailing list and others like it, as well as up to date man pages and a handbook that reflects the current state of the code base.

This goes more to the first answer you got than the second, I realize, but it reflects my experience.

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the ace.
-- John Mason Brown, drama critic