I'm trying to use my FreeBSD, 4.7 release, box as a remote print server for a Mac box on the network. Printing is fine with the FBSD box, using HP812C deskjet printer and apsfilter. I want to make sure I'm going down the correct path and not wasting time doing something that's *obviously* not right (though not obvious to me).

I have installed the netatalk port, and am having problems identifying the printer to the "add_netatalk_printer" program. Does anyone know:

1) is this the correct way to configure a printer so the Mac can use it?
2) is there any good documentation anywhere on this? I've tried to follow Chuck's Tips at: http://lantech.geekvenue.net/chucktips/jason/chuck/986883054.html, but haven't had any luck

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Michael Heyes