Apache is fairly thin by itself. When you add PHP support Apache's
resource usage is amplified by probably 10x.

If you want to keep your resource usage down, don't use PHP. Especiallynot
soley for an administrative app. Heck, I think even Perl is thinner than
PHP, in fact that's why I moved to it.

Apache is your server.

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg