Hi,

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:27, Paul English wrote:
> acd0: MODE_SENSE_BIG command timeout - resetting
> ata1: resetting devices .. done
>
> I thought that this was fixed in a 4.7-PRERELEASE according to the 4.6
> errata?

It depends on which brand cd-rom drive you have as to wether it is
supported/fixed. I still have the same problem as well, I submitted a bug
report and was told that for my particular cd-rom drive (sony), I could fix
the problem by making the cd-rom drive the master (instead of slave) on the
ide cable. (Which isnt an option to me for this is a work computer which I am
not allowed to open).

Regards,
Jacob Rhoden

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386