In the course of running BSD, I have accumulated a number of ports/distfiles.

I also have a public ftp which I have made these available on, and I was wondering if there was any system for reporting a possible source for other users who need these files.

Also, I was wondering what everyone thinks about working a gnutella interface in to the distfile search. (nothing special, just a simple ?automatic? interface to look for the file by name and sha1 hash) I would think that such an improvement could make the distfile search %100 effective.

All comments/flames welcome.
Peace, Love, and Anarchy
cl-8-10 (clayton)
Forwarding from the newbies list. I really think this would be something worthwile to look into; I've often found the tar.gz files I need on gnutella, sometimes with better bandwidth than some of the ftps. Please CC me with any replies. (this account can't handle the amount of traffic on -questions. I'll check the archive too.)