From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@;FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Kirk R. Wythers
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 11:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: backups - setting up amanda

I have a travan TR-5 tape drive that is going unused on my personal
workstation (I've been backing up /home on zip250). I am interested in
setting up a automated back schedule and have heard good things about
Amanda. However, I am confused about how to set up Amanda. There seem to
be some differences in freebsd's Amanda port and the documentation I see
on amanda.org. For example rather than configure amanda manually, the
Makefile seems to handle that. Also file locations seem a bit different
from the directions I see on:

http://www.backupcentral.com/amanda.html

Can anyone who has set up Amanda from the ports collection provide a
blow by blow of a freebsd'ish amanda setup?

Thanks,

--
Kirk R. Wythers                         email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of Minnesota                 tel: 612.625.2261