Matthew Bettinger wrote:

Hello,

I am having a bit of trouble with the find command. I am a novice in its use so maybe someone can help me out here.
I have a list of files (hundreds) in directory . and need to search through and delete every file that contains the word foo.
If they're all in . and you need not descend into other directories, you can just use grep to find them. Replace ls -l with rm in the example:

[/home/paul]:: grep -l foo * | xargs ls -l

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

One reason why George Washington
Is held in such veneration:
He never blamed his problems