--On Thursday, November 14, 2002 12:32:33 -0800 Steve Wingate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Will Froning wrote:

I have a dual Xeon box with 4.7-stable installed (new 2.8GHz Xeons that
is). When I compiled in SMP it only came up recognizing 2 CPUs instead
of the 4 I was hoping for.

Does FreeBSD not support the Hyper-Threading or is it that FreeBSD only
supports 2 procs?  And if it does support Hyper-Threading, is the second
CPU recognized as the hardware CPU or the Hyper-Threaded one?

Thanks,
Will

P.S. please cc me on the reply.

--
Will Froning
Unix Sys. Admin.

FreeBSD does not support hyperthreading and likely won't until Intel
coughs up some documentation. Dmesg will report the physical processors
only.
Yes, I do have dual Xeons also.

What more documentation do you need than is in the 4 volume IA-32 set?

I got the set from the Intel developer site, and it cost me $0.00.

It has all the details on the HTT stuff.

| Steve Wingate		<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| MCSE, CCNA		Thu Nov 14 11:59:00 PST 2002

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]