On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 06:37:38PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I did not see any recommendation in the Handbook to set up
> communication mode with usb printers. When I run lptcontrol ... the
> answer is "ioctl : Operation  not supported by the device". Is it normal
> ? Is there anything to change in the kernel to set the mode to polled or
> interrupt ?

You are connecting to usb!
lptcontrol is for - well for the lpt device - lpt != ulpt.
Does dmesg show succesfull probing of ulpt0?
Do you have usbd_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf?
Are you using /dev/ulpt0 and -not- /dev/lpt0?
Can you print with echo test > /dev/ulpt0?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Usergroup           [EMAIL PROTECTED]