Ben Turner wrote:

Ok well I attempted the upgrade on a remote machine from 4.6 to 5.0 and it
failed, miserably. Before it failed, it was throwing a message across the
screen as to the location where it backed up the existing kernel. Does
anyone, by chance, know the default location and filename for the kernel
backup?

I may be off here, but mine always end up as kernel.old and kernel.GENERIC, both in /

Also, if anyone has a link on the rollback procedure on a FreeBSD kernel
(4.6) that would be greatly appreciated also. My searches on FreeBSD.org and
google haven't turned up much. Mostly mysql documents which I find a little
hard to believe that mysql has that much higher ranking pages then the
FreeBSD site.
that's understandable: rollback is a database operation and is likely to generate lots of pages, for reasons not dissimilar to yours.

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

Howe's Law:
Everyone has a scheme that will not work.