DeAtH KnIgHt wrote:

Hi,

Im having a little trouble trying to install FreeBSD,
I have 1 Master and 1 Slave Drive on the same IDE
cable. I go to custom Installation because I know what
im doing but I dont quite under why I get this error
message.

"Unable to find device node for /dev/ad1s1b in /dev!
The creation of filesystems will be aborted."

ad1 means disc 2, possible the slave drive, is where you are tring to install to. Is this what you want, or do you want it on you primary which is ad0. Also did you see this http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=78964

The easiest thing would be to try it with just the disc you want to install on, no second disc on the cable.