Bart Silverstrim writes:

> Your description of the problem.

My description of the problem is very sparse, and even I did not reach
those conclusions.

> It shouldn't be hammering the registry.  It is.  The system doesn't
> seem to care, doesn't report any problem.

So why is it a problem?

> I only saw it because of another diagnostic program.

So it obviously wasn't interfering with the functioning of the system.

> Maybe in some cases, hardware gives diagnostic codes or errors that the
> OS doesn't deem important enough to share.  NT errs to the side of
> silence.

Is that good or bad?

> Funny how this one had a bad bearing in it ...

It couldn't have been that bad, if it ran for years.

> It was a bad bearing.  Replacing the power supply made Mr. Weird Noise
> go away.

Did the fan ever fail?

> They did!

No, they did not.  I still don't know what the messages mean.

> Just shut up.  Everyone shut the hell up.

Your post is nearly ten thousand characters long.

> Everyone else...SHHHH...

Everyone else has already done that.

--
Anthony