On Apr 2 at 15:47, Giorgos Keramidas launched this into the bitstream:

On 2005-04-02 14:08, "Colin J. Raven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Does anyone happen to know how you would *attach* *not readin the
contents of, but actually *attach*) a file using /usr/bin/mail?

Not very easily, is one answer. You can probably get away with uuencode output filtered to the standard input of mail(1), but that's not really a "MIME attachment".

On my system mail has no "-a" (attach) flag, and some Googling told me
mailx might solve the problem, but /usr/bin/mailx just invokes mail....

Other mail user agents do have a -a flag though. At least mail/mutt does and I've used it successfully in the past. If you are not stuck with mail(1) only, you can always use mutt for this.

mutt -a /path/to/file [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm not stuck with mail, I use it with some shell scripts....but yeah, I guess I could use mutt....there's an idea I hadn't previously considered.

Thanks!!!

Regards,
-Colin