Brian John wrote:

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

"Brian John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

On Apr 3, 2005 9:12 PM, Anthony Atkielski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:

One you've changed resolv.conf, it should stay that way permanently
across boots, unless you change it again.

dhclient will overwrite /etc/resolv.conf on boot

How can I keep dhclient from doing this?

Configure it not to: according to "man dhclient.conf", a "prepend domain-name-servers <mumble>" should do it.

Or better yet, fix your router so that it either provides DNS services
or stops telling your FreeBSD machine that it does.

Unfortunately I can't get my DSL modem to turn off it's DNS 'feature'. I tried the advanced setup and it was no luck. I'm trying your dhclient.conf method, however it isn't working. I read the manpage, and I can't figure out why. This is what I have in dhclient.conf:

interface "vr0" {
       prepend domain-name-servers 205.171.2.65;
       prepend domain-name-servers 205.171.3.65;
}

Any clue why this might not work?

Thanks for the help!

/Brian

Update: I was able to get this to work by using one-line statements such as this:
prepend domain-name-servers 205.171.2.65;

instead of the 'procedural' way.

Thanks anyway everyone for the help on this

/Brian