Brian M. Kincaid wrote:

Hello,

Is there an upper limit to the size of a FAT32 file system in the FreeBSD msdosfs code?
I put in an 80GB drive recently and there have been problems. There is no problem with small FAT32 file systems on floppies or flash memory cards. Any useful comments before I go back to the (working) 60GB drive configuration?

Thanks,

Brian

IANAE, but I think there is; IIRC, though, it's 128 GB unless you have compiled "MSDOSFS_LARGE"* into your custom kernel, so I can't address your problem with an 80GB disk....

What system are you on (`uname -a`)?

Kevin Kinsey

*Or something like that ... check release notes on 5.3,
again, that's if I recall correctly....