I was curious if anyone had got their iPod 40GB working on FreeBSD
5.4-STABLE/amd64?  I've tried it under ehci(4) and it isn't properly
detected.  Sometimes it will even lock the system.  When booting up it
actually prevents the system from properly starting after it reaches
the PATA/SATA drives.  After I unplug the iPod from USB the system
boots normally.

The umass(4) driver shows the iPod when I plug it in, but it does not
associate a da device with it.  If any more information is desired,
let me know.

--
Best wishes,

Alexander G. Chamandy