I have a working FreeBSD system that I love and...(Wow saying out loud I
think I may need to seek a professional). Any way I would hate to loose it
and was wondering if there is a way to make a duplicate system without
weeks of configuration. Kind of like RAID Mirroring for a computer?

I understand there is g4u (That would get the new system up and running
quickly) but I think the hardware would be different enough that my custom
kernel may not like it (Unless I could do that and boot into single user
mode and compile a new kernel… Is that feasible?)

I am probably going to load FreeBSD from scratch. Not hard at all. I can
be done in a matter of 20 mins (When I told my boss that his jaw dropped.
Try to load windows from scratch in 20 mins). I found a good doc on
hardening a FreeBSD system on BSDGuides:
http://www.bsdguides.org/guides/freebsd/security/harden.php

That should only take me an hour.

So how do I copy everything else? All my programs and such and keep them
up to date. Let’s say once a week Server-A copies its self to ServerB so
if one died I could throw the other on the net change it's IP and computer
name and be done with it. Can I just copy /usr to the other system and be
done with it? Is it a bad idea to setup a cron job to do that once a week
or more? Should I tar it first then copy it and untar it?

Thank you,
Joshua Lewis