On Friday 22 April 2005 04:02 pm, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 15:50 -0700, Kent Stewart wrote:

> > > Any suggestions on this one? I'm heading off in a couple hours
> > > for vacation for a week, and was hoping to have this working by
> > > the end of the day.
> >
> > I have a mirror but all I had to do is replace the host in the
> > cvsup file with my local computer running cvsupd.
>
> Thats what I did as well, using the /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ cvsup
> files that i've always used. Is that wrong?

There is a lot of stuff that comes along but here is what I do. I have a
script file called upstable. It looks like

# m upstable
#! /bin/sh
cd /root/cvsup
#cvsup -g -L 2 4.x-stable-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
cvsup -g -L 2 stable-supfile 2>&1 | tee /var/log/build/cvsup.log

cd /var/log/build/

# Now convert the log to html`
cvsuplog < cvsup.log > cvsup-`date "+%Y%m%d-%H%M"`.html

Now /root/cvsup/stable-supfile looks like

# cat stable*
# $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
#*default host=cvsup16.freebsd.org
*default host=crystal
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following
line.
#*default compress

## Main Source Tree.
#
src-all

Crystal is the host name of my local computer running cvsupd. If I am
concerned about what is on it. I change the host and get my update from
cvsup16. If I want to cvsup RELENG_5, I just change the tag and the
scripts work on both versions.

Kent
--
Kent Stewart